Welcome to Xinoa Blogs!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Since you have landed here, let me safely conclude that you are looking to adopt a healthy diet, you are curious about the miraculous benefits of Vitamin C, and you love to eat Dry Fruits! Yupp we are going to tell you what some Vitamin C rich dry fruits are and how we have made sure to add these to our Energy Bars in order to become the best of the bests! But before that, let’s first learn why you need Vitamin C? What are the benefits of it? How does it help you to become the finer version of yourself?
Why Is Vitamin C Important For You?
- Vitamin C is one of the most vital vitamins required to keep a human body “fit”. Did you know that in Indian Ancient Ayurveda, keeping Body Cells activated is considered an important exercise to maintain a healthy lifestyle? Human body cells take in nutrients from meals, convert those nutrients into energy, create metabolic reactions, and aid in reproduction. Vitamin C helps in protecting these cells and keeping them healthy.
- The most common challenge of this era’s lifestyle is the poor immune system. After Covid-19, we all have learned a good lesson about the importance of a healthy immune system. So what can be done to keep it boosted? Exercise! While minding your diet is equally important, what’s more, challenging is to wake up & train yourself to work out every day for a better immune system. Adding Vitamin C rich dry fruits and vegetables to your daily meal is as important as running for an hour daily!
- You will glow like a supermodel filter on Instagram! Want to write a caption under your selfie that says #NoFilter? It is possible with proper intake of Vitamin C. Though this is not the only path to healthy skin (you definitely need to work out, eat super healthy food, say bye to junk food, etc.), it shows a visible difference in skin health. Vitamin C produces collagen that keeps the skin healthy and youthful-looking.
- Have you ever noticed that we all are subconsciously looking for stress-buster remedies? Stress is directly related to all chronic diseases; especially Heart Diseases. After examining 9 studies involving 293,172 participants, it was discovered that individuals who consumed a minimum of 700 mg of vitamin C daily had a 25% lower risk of heart disease compared to those who did not take vitamin C supplements, after 10 years.
There are plenty of more Vitamin C benefits. The question is, how to add enough vitamin C to our everyday diet? The daily intake of Vitamin C should be between 75mg to 90mg. If you are a dry fruits lover, here are the top 5 Vitamin C Rich Dry Fruits for you.
Top 5 Vitamin C Rich Dry Fruits You Must Add To Your Diet:
There in our Xinoa Bars! There in our Xinoa Bars! Were you aware that 165gm of raisins have 7.83mg of vitamin C? The presence of vitamin C in raisins fortifies the immune system, aiding in the fight against common infections such as colds, particularly during the winter months. 100 gm of Raisins include:
- Calories: 299
- Carbohydrates: 79 grams
- Fiber: 3.7 grams
- Protein: 3.1 grams
- Fat: 0.5 grams
- Potassium: 749 milligrams
- Magnesium: 32 milligrams
- Calcium: 50 milligrams
- Iron: 1.9 milligrams
- Vitamin C: 3 milligrams (3% of the recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 milligrams (10% of the recommended daily intake)
Dates are the best Vitamin C rich dry fruits as they are a good source of antioxidants and have a low glycemic index, which means they have a relatively mild impact on blood sugar levels compared to other sweet foods. 100 gm of Dates include:
- Vitamin C: 0.4mg
- Calories: 277
- Carbohydrates: 75 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 1.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Potassium: 696 milligrams
- Magnesium: 54 milligrams
- Calcium: 64 milligrams
- Iron: 1 milligram
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 milligrams
There in our Xinoa Bars! Dried Cranberries are a popular dry fruit and are also a source of Vitamin C. They contain 1.5mg of vitamin C per 100g. The nutritional value of Dried Cranberries is-
- Calories: 46
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 grams
- Fiber: 4.6 grams
- Protein: 0.4 grams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Vitamin C: 13.3 milligrams (15% of the recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin E: 1 milligram (7% of the recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin K: 5.1 micrograms (6% of the recommended daily intake)
- Potassium: 85 milligrams
- Calcium: 8 milligrams
- Magnesium: 6 milligrams
Not there in our Xinoa Bars but a must-have dry fruit on a regular basis! Amla (Indian gooseberry): Amla is a dried fruit commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, with 478 mg of vitamin C per 100g. The nutritional value of Amla is-
- Calories: 44
- Carbohydrates: 10.2 grams
- Fiber: 4.3 grams
- Protein: 0.9 grams
- Fat: 0.6 grams
- Vitamin C: 478 milligrams (531% of the recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin A: 290 international units (6% of the recommended daily intake)
- Calcium: 25 milligrams
- Iron: 0.9 milligrams
- Potassium: 198 milligrams
- Magnesium: 10 milligrams
5. Goji Berries:
Not there in our Xinoa Bars but it a must-have dry fruit on a regular basis as it is one of the best Vitamin C Rich Dry Fruits! Goji Berries are one of the richest sources of vitamin C among all dried fruits, with 48 mg of vitamin C per 100g. 100 grams of Goji Berries contain approximately:
- Calories: 83
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 grams
- Fiber: 3.6 grams
- Protein: 3.4 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
- Vitamin C: 48 milligrams (53% of the recommended daily intake)
- Vitamin A: 26822 international units (537% of the recommended daily intake)
- Iron: 6.8 milligrams (85% of the recommended daily intake)
- Zinc: 0.2 milligrams
- Potassium: 977 milligrams
- Calcium: 112 milligrams
- Magnesium: 29 milligrams
We know how difficult it gets when you are focusing on a healthy lifestyle and it involves tasteless food. No worries! Xinoa Bars have 3 Vitamin C Rich Dry Fruits. Taste + Health! Win-win situation! Check out our wide range of bars and order online now!